Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes...




Okay, the name of the post is one of my favorite David Bowie songs. I was fortunate enough to get tickets to the Democratic Party's bash at the Portland Convention Center on Tuesday, November 4. These pictures don't even come close to doing the event any justice. This could be the most memorable and momentous Presidential election of my life. Tears were flowing, hope and optimism were in the air, and Obama gave an incredible acceptance speech, which I'm sure many people also listened to. For the first time in my life, I am genuinely excited about a President. I really believe that Barack Obama is a once-in-a-lifetime candidate.
My only regret is that after meeting him twice and speaking to him both times, shouldn't I have been the Democrats' version of "Joe the Plummer"? I mean, we have the same hairdo and neither of us are licensed plummers, and we both make less than $250,000...

No comments: