Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Barack, Bend and back





In May we hosted our annual Community meeting in Bend, Oregon. I was late for this, having opted for a VIP pass to see Barack Obama again. When I met him in September of 2007, Hillary Clinton was vastly ahead in the polls, and a VIP pass allowed a looser face-to-face interaction with Obama. In May he had surged ahead, and all I got was a series of handshakes and a brief conversation, in a tightly packed crowd. I was able to give him that necklace from our previous meeting, though my photos turned out rather poorly in those close quarters.
The drive to Bend, for those of you who don't know, is always a minor adventure, as you go through the high Cascades, and snow in the summer even is not uncommon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great election!! The votes came out exactly the way I voted. It is a wonderful thing to elect a black man to America's highest office.

Renee

joyce said...

yippeeee....I agee...great day...for america...j