Thursday, July 30, 2009

34






Today is my birthday, 34 to be exact. We all know what that means: in one more year I can run for President. But it also means I am halfway through my 30's, which ten years ago seemed impossible.
I left work early today. Although I may not party it up in as in years past, as a habit I try to do something special and out of the ordinary. At this point I'm halfway there.
Also out of habit I still carry my new digital camera in my pick-up. You never know when something cool will appear and you'll wish a camera had been handy. Here is a medley of those moments from the last two months. Some of these photos are from the spectacular Tulalip resort north of Seattle, which makes Spirit Mountain look like an also ran. I've also included a sneak peak at our plankhouse, which should open up some time this year. The others are from the ride between Bend and Salem, a route I drove last week on the way to Sisters for the Candidates Forum.

2 comments:

mesg said...

Chris,

One thing about pictures, almost anyone can look at them and enjoy them

By the way, it was good to see the pictures of the CTGR plankhouse. We will have to check the progress out when we are in Grand Ronde in August for the Contest Pow Wow

Mary Ellen

Chris Mercier said...

Mary Ellen,

Yes I hope we can get the plankhouse done soon. You will no doubt see it next week. I was excited after having walked around it.

Chris