Saturday, March 28, 2009

Time Off or Not

The past week was supposed to be a week off for me, of sorts. I hadn't really had a true vacation since going to Japan two years ago, which now seems like a decade. So taking some time off meant the world to me, as I was slowly but surely getting burnt out. In fact I might have already been.
That didn't stop me from calling in for a meeting on Economic Development on Tuesday. And I definitely was inclined to do the same for our two-hour consultations with outside Counsel on how to handle the Leno Letter report. But sometimes you just have to take time for yourself, which I did.
Of course, most of my week was spent doing work-like stuff. Buying a new computer, transferring data from my old one(s). Having lunch with a Tribal member. Sorting out a credit card mistake. Home organizing. Home office organizing. Sorting through old clothes for Goodwill. Plotting out a new tattoo. Catching up on Netflix, since I pay for them and never watch them. You know, that kind of thing.
None of that prevented me from thinking about the Tribe, which I am convinced now is nigh on impossible. But I've gotten a few ideas. One you can see right now on the blog. It is called Twitter. I have heard of this for months, but the latest internet phenomenon never really got my attention until reading about how Charlie Villanueva of the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks was jumped on by his coach for "tweeting" during halftime. Even John McCain, who now seems more web-literate than Joe Biden, tweets. Not sure if it will last, but it's easy, short, convenient, and doesn't nearly require the time to follow or write that a blog does. Seems worthwhile....

No comments: